Not too long ago, Insta360 was a small, practically anonymous Chinese company. Today, the Insta360 ONE X flagship camera’s recent launch is considered big industry news.
With a variety of cool features and a $400 price tag that puts it right at the heart of mainstream consumerism, the camera has managed to shake up the industry and earn more than a few flattering titles such as “unbelievable” and “impossible stabilization” and “the best consumer-level 360 camera”.
Other companies have also developed amazing 3D camera capabilities but are keeping them well in the domain of luxury professional cameras designed for studios. Insta360 chose to provide mass access to this amazing technology with a much more affordable price.
The camera’s key feature is the 5.7K recording in 30 FPS, 50 FPS in 4K and 100 FPS for 3K. In any of these modes, the camera provides sharp, smooth action shots.
Ideal for shooting action of all kinds, it has a stabilizer algorithm that processes all movement directions to yield an astounding result. It’s not called “the future of the action camera” for nothing.
One of the Insta360 ONE X magical features is its drifter mode, allowing you to safely throw up the camera in the air in a nerf-rocket-like-case and let it shoot from all directions for breathtaking Slow-Mo airborne footage. They also offer a waterproof housing for you to make a splash without fearing for the safety of your camera.
The Insta360 ONE X invisible selfie stick is the coolest thing ever, allowing you to take self-shots that look like they were shot from a drone.
The Insta360 ONE X capabilities make creating immersive VR experiences not only effortless, but also enjoyable.
Insta360 ONE X Features:
- 7K Video+18MP Photo
- FlowState Stabilization
- 360º Capture
- Cinematic Slow-Mo
- Invisible Selfie Stick
- WiFi Preview & Transfer
Insta360 ONE X Specs
- Aperture: F2.0
- Photo resolution: 18 MP (6080*3040)
- Video resolution: 5760*2880@30fps, 3840*1920@50fps, 3840*1920@30fps, 3008*1504@100fps
- Photo format: insp, jpeg (can be exported via App), RAW(dng)
- Video format: insv, mp4(can be exported via App), LOG
- Video coding: H264
- Video Bitrate: Up to 120Mbps
- Stabilization: Built-in 6-axis gyroscopic stabilization
- Compatible devices: Phone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone X, iPhone8/8 plus, iPhone 7/7 plus, iPhone 6s/6s plus, iPhone SE
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad (2018)